Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Pinterest Challenge - Week 3

Fail.
Yep that’s right, this one is a fail.
Here was the inspiration photo.
paint on a dress
Here was the dress I owned, that was very similar in shape.
IMG_0772
I actually bought this dress years ago (‘09) for a Halloween costume.  I was Jackie O.
halloween '09
I haven’t worn it much since.  So I figured if I ruined it, which I was pretty sure was going to happen, it wouldn’t be the end of the world.
So after 6 different paint applications…here is where the dress ended up.
IMG_0845
Up close it looks horrible.  And even using fabric paint…it’s really stiff.  I ran out of paint in the process, so my paint application was even thinner than the original inspiration photo.
I tried to style it two different ways.  I actually did wear this out in public.  First we went to church as a family, so I used a black cardigan….after church Jesse and I went out to eat and I tried to dress it down a little with a jean jacket.
IMG_0847IMG_0849
It just wasn’t working for me.
I do have another idea up my sleeve for this dress…..stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's such a shame! I wonder if it work better with dye instead of paint, to take the stiffness factor out of the equation? Though that's a messy proposition. Anyway, I'm sorry it didn't work out, and I hope you save(/repurpose) the dress!

    ReplyDelete